The means to reliably make fire is essential to any survival kit. There are many popular firestarter choices, one being the magnesium bar with an attached ferrocerium rod. I have compared 4 brands both to their efficacy and their durability.
- Ease to produce shavings.
- Ease to produce sparks (kind/type of sparks).
- Ease to ignite the shavings with the sparks.
- 24 hour saltwater immersion.
- 1′ drop and rough handling.
After the saltwater immersion, I tested each bar again for efficacy. The video shows all the details of my findings and my final recommendation, but if you would rather take my word for it here, then I recommend:
What is your favorite magnesium ferro rod firestarter combo??
Speak Your Mind Below!!!
Like this article? AWESOME it is! Awesome YOU ARE!